Monday, February 27, 2012

Other Projects.......

Hi!  Today I wanted to share another of my interests.  I learned to knit when I was about 10 year. old, but never did anything with it until a couple of years ago.  One of my sisters, Terri,  (also a stamper) and a sweet friend, Mrs. Henry are both knitters. Mrs. Henry started making dishcloths and giving them to ladies she knew. This way, I remembered to pray for her......anyway, I decided to start making them too.  Then went to hats and socks for my grandkids, now I am working on sweaters for each of them. I started the sweater project last July and am now working on sweater # 5.  Only 5 more sweaters to go!!  Anyway, the sweater pictured here is for my grandson Ki.  The finish work is not done yet (sewing the inside of the sleeves, finishing the placket and sewing on the button) The finish work is not my favorite thing to do, so I started Alyah's sweater instead.  When I get a bit bored with her sweater, I will finish Ki's.  Both of there sweaters will go to England with us in April.
As usual the lighting in my picture is not so good.  Spring is coming and I will get to take pictures outside!!
Thank you for spending a few minutes with my ramblings today.  Blessings!!

7 comments:

Melina said...

OH how pretty Carol! This is a wonderful sweater! You are so talented!

I left you a little something over on my blog. Check it out :)

Liz said...

these are sure to be loved for many years, they look very warm, they are so lucky to have a grandma like you. Hugs, Liz D

Payne Holler Cards said...

nothing in the world as special as homemade! I have all my knitted blankets and crocheted blankets that my mother made...but the most treasured are the baby items she made!
YOU are a treasured GranMa (-:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Ki will love this... it turned out awesome! Bet you can't wait to go!

Terri said...

This is awesome...your little guy is gonna love it!!!! Go, grammy, go!!!

MiamiKel said...

Wow, that is amazingly talented!! Your skills are admirable - and how special that it will come from you (not a store!) These are the things that make my heart SOOO happy! :)

Just in case, we're holding off on posting tomorrow in honor of Jackie -- there is a little note in the COF thread on SCS :) Big hugs and blessings to you!

Liz Williams said...

Oh my goodness, just look at what your busy little fingers have been up to. How gorgeous.