Monday, September 8, 2008

Julee's OSW Challenge!

Good day to you all! Well, I put my boots and shades on and stepped out of my comfort zone and tried a new challenge this week! Julee had posted a "One Sheet Wonder" challenge on her blog

Poetic Artistry, as one of her Mojo challenges. I decided to try it and I must say, it was a challenge for me. As you know rulers/measurements and I don't always get along! (I can take you computer apart and put it back together again, but don't ask me to measure ANYTHING and have it come out okay!) So, my DH cut the paper for me! (He's a contractor, so he CAN measure correctly!) The rules required that we make 4 cards using one 6 x 6 piece of double-sided DP, (and of course other cardstock for the base). After giving him a kiss for helping me out, I then set out with the sketches and below is what I came up with. I liked how they turned out.






As you can see, I struggled with the lighting, I shot pics in the evening and didn't like them, so I waited until morning and still ended up with shadows. Then the wind started to blow and I was worried about not getting these posted in time.........but life goes on ;>).





All cards started with a Ruby Red base, I layered with Cameo Coral and Retired Stampin' Up! DP (Sorry). The stamp sets used are Absolutely Fabulous and Oh, So Lovely. Embellishments include; Ribbon-Stampin' Up!, Brads-JoAnn's, GinaK Designs, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots EF, Treading Water Edger-Fiskars and of course Close to Cocoa ink from SU.


This was definitely a great challenge ! I encourage you to try one some time. Have a great day! God Bless!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such pretty cards! And what a sweet hubby for cutting your pieces for you! Thanks for playing my challenge! :)