Friday, July 25, 2008

Black and White


Good Morning! It is cool in my neck of the woods this morning! I'm grateful for that! It is supposed to HEAT way up for the weekend. Thank the good Lord for central air.
Today's card is a simple one using just black and white. The contrast is always so stunning and elegant to me. I used glossy cardstock for the base, then for one of the layers I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot EF. The stamped image is a retired SU set "Beautiful Butterflies". It is from several years ago, but is a set that I still use frequently. I used very black cardstock and black grosgrain ribbon for the embellishment.
I will be using this card for a Wedding card for a nephew who is tying the know in a few weeks. I wish you best of luck Brian and Jocelyn! (I'm sure they don't surf craft blogs......but my sis might....be surprised Pam!)
I will be spending the weekend with family. My son who is in the Air Force will be home today, he has been gone for two weeks training for his deployment to Afghanistan. We are celebrating his daughter's birthday while he is home. Have a great day and an even better weekend!

No comments: