Thursday, July 31, 2008

BBQ Invite


Good Day to you........ today I have an invitation to a BBQ that we are hosting for my son. He will be deployed to Afghanistan in the few weeks and we all wanted to get together before he goes. We will also be celebrating his birthday, as it falls just a few days after he leaves. I can honestly say I didn't really enjoy making this one......for obvious reasons. As the time for his leaving gets closer, I just don't want to think about him over there. The military does prepare the men they send, and their immediate families, but I'm not so sure about the moms......We are very proud of our son and the part he is playing to keep our country safe.
This card is pretty straight-forward. There is no bling or embellishment-but thats the military for you. I used kraft cardstock, with patterned paper that has similar Air Force colors. The stamped image is the closest I could come to a military boot. The font I used is called "Batik Regular", I wanted it to look military also.
Well, there it is, now I'm off to make several more of the same.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

No comments: