Monday, August 25, 2008

OH MY-WHAT A WEEK!

Good Monday to everyone. I apologize for being invisible for the past several days. We had a bit of a family emergency. Last time I posted, we were planning on attending the "Chicago" concert at the fair.......well, about 11 a.m. that morning my phone rang. It was one the the doctors that my husband, who is a contractor is building a house for. He was having chest pain, so they called the paramedics and sent him to the hospital. By the time that I arrived (we live about 30 miles from where he was working), they already had him in surgery and were doing a heart catherization. He spent a day and a half in the Coronary Care Unit and then was moved to another room, where he stayed another day before they released him. Needless to say, my creative juices dried up for several days! He is home now, the doc says he did everything right as far as what to do when having chest pain. I believe it was a total God thing......he was only 3 blocks from a really good hospital that does alot of heart stuff, there was a doctor there with him and they got him taken care of within a half an hour. So the damage to his heart is minimal. They have sent him home with some medication, instructions to get more exercise and lose a few pounds. We have been working on that anyway. This will slow him down a bit though, for which I am thankful. Well, on to the card:
I made this card for my sister's birthday, which is today! Happy day Terri! I'm glad I had it done before all the excitement hit. The cardbase is Confetti White, the Sky Blue layer was run thru my Cuttlebug, using my Textile EF. I used the Treading Water Edger from Fiskars for the bottom scallop work. For the image I used a retired Stampin' Up! set, "Beautiful Butterflies". The sentiment and flower are layered with Lovely Lilac. Ribbon is Lovely Lilac Organdy ribbon from Stampin' Up! several years ago.

Thanks for stopping by today. Blessings to you!

No comments: